Inaugural year to include six iconic, renowned events including Garmin UNBOUND Gravel and Leadville Trail 100 as the Company aims to grow fandom and camaraderie around cycling in the United States
CHANHASSEN, Minn., Nov. 22, 2021 — Life Time, today announced the launch of the Life Time Grand Prix for elite cyclists. The new series is comprised of six highly regarded races, including both new and established events like Big Sugar Gravel and the Leadville Trail 100 MTB, and brings a healthy competition amongst elite cyclists. Men and women from a range of disciplines will compete for a $250,000 prize purse at the end of the series.
The 2022 Life Time Grand Prix Series Lineup includes:
- April 7-10: marathon mountain bike race at the Sea Otter Classic in Monterey, Calif.
- June 4: 200-mile UNBOUND Gravel in Emporia, Kan.
- July 9: 70-mile Crusher in the Tushar in Beaver, Utah
- August 13: Leadville Trail 100 MTB in Leadville, Colo.
- September 17: 40-mile Chequamegon MTB in Cable, Wis.
- October 22: 100-mile Big Sugar Gravel in Bentonville, Ark.
The Grand Prix will prioritize gender parity in the series, with 20 men and 20 women selected to compete. The series will culminate with a $250,000 prize purse to be split evenly between men and women. Prizes will be awarded up to tenth place, based on a point system. At the conclusion of the Life Time Grand Prix, riders’ five best finishes from the six possible events will be tallied, giving the competitors a choice to skip an event or ride all six and take the points from their best performances. The riders with the most points at the end of the series will be the winners.