Website Wasatch Touring
A locally owned Bicycle/Backcountry/XC Ski/Whitewater retailer
Wasatch Touring is searching for an experienced mechanic! We are a locally owned and operated backcountry ski, kayak, and bicycle shop near downtown SLC, and we are searching for a experienced technician to add to our growing service department.
Wasatch Touring is Utah's original backcountry ski shop and Specialized Bicycle dealership. We are known for our friendly demeanor, low pressure sales environment, community stewardship and experienced service department. We are excited to welcome you to our team!
This Mechanic position requires a minimum of 2+ years experience in a professional bicycle service department, with excellent diagnostic and productive mechanical skills. Strong sales and customer service orientation is a must as well as the ability to work in a busy, fast-paced environment. Mechanics must be proficient in repairing new as well as older and vintage bicycles to the highest standard.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Interfacing with customers to assess service needs
- Inspecting, repairing, and servicing customers' bicycles
- Mounting, repairing, and tuning backcountry, alpine, and nordic skis/boots/bindings
- Assisting in generating bike and accessory sales
- Completing accurate work order paperwork and prioritizing work orders in an expedient manner
- Serving as a knowledgeable resource to customers and staff
- Demonstrating a professional standard of customer service
- Remaining current on industry products and trends, and demonstrating knowledge of products
- Communicating with store management to achieve a seamless customer experience and maximize profitability
- Minimum of 2 years bike mechanic experience – required
- Technical service: Basic tune-ups to complete overhauls
- Knowledge of all bike tools – required
- Ability to assist in day-to-day operations of the shop
- Unrivaled patience and troubleshooting skills.
- Previous experience with various bike components, service tools, and machinery – required
- Passion for cycling / bicycles
- Ability to build all levels of bikes from the box to a safe, ride ready bike – required
- Ability to stand and move in an active, team-oriented environment for extended periods required
- General computer and communications skills – POS Software use, email communication, proficiency with Microsoft Office etc.
- Commitment to exceptional customer service
- Able to fit customers to all types of bikes
- An enthusiastic, friendly, positive attitude and ability to maintain patience under pressure at all times
Compensation and Benefits –
- Pay starting at $16+ depending on experience
- Paid Time Off
- Quarterly bonuses when goals are met
- Flexible schedule
- Employee discounts on gear
- Access to winter and summer rental equipment
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com