The Wheelbuilder builds the final wheel assembly according to customer specifications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Verify build order form for parts and serial numbers
- Assemble the wheel, hub, and spokes according to engineering and customer specifications
- Ensure the final wheel is true and that tension measurements are according to specifications.
- Complete warranty card information
- Complete a final quality inspection
- 1-2 years experience in a manufacturing or experience as a bicycle technician preferred
- Ability to read and interpret a variety of routine engineering instructions
- Experience using hand tools including spoke wrench, truing stand, calipers, wheel alignment gauge, tension-meter
- Knowledge of the wheel truing process
Physical Environment/Working Conditions
- Requires working in a loud environment
- Requires standing for long periods of time, using hands, arms and upper body to manipulate the wheel and tensions while truing.
- Requires a combination of sitting and standing for long periods of time, bending, grasping, lifting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com