Located in Ogden, Utah, ENVE Composites is a manufacturer of handmade carbon fiber bicycle rims and components. Established in 2007, and born from a desire for a better ride, ENVE strives to deliver consumers high-end cycling products without compromise. We are more than riders… We are adventurers, engineers and innovators, driven by our love of cycling. We are a dynamic collection of skilled individuals that create the world’s best carbon fiber products. We are passionate about the product we build, and we are looking for equally passionate individuals to join our team.
What You'll Do
Position Summary This position will be responsible for the development of the processes, tooling and equipment to support manufacturing of ENVE product as well as providing technical assistance and implementation of lean manufacturing principles in a production environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive Continuous Improvement as a leader and team member; work with production employees to help implement improvement projects and ideas.
- Establish annual tactical plans that include no cost, low cost and capital improvement projects. Provide return on investment (ROI) data to support projects.
- Develop manufacturing processes for New Product Introduction (NPI), documenting process changes, driving process / fixture improvements, driving lead and cycle time improvements, cost of quality (COQ), and Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) actions. This includes specifying equipment, tooling and fixtures for new processes and process changes.
- Evaluate and develop manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; studying product requirements; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; researching, modifying and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors; and soliciting observations from operators.
- Address technical issues through problem-solving framework with a focus on root-cause, containment, and long-term solutions.
- Participate in LEAN initiatives that improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Plans projects and tracks schedules for complex projects and new product/process launches.
- Assist maintenance in technical issues in keeping equipment operational (e.g. programming, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSME or equivalent education and experience.
- 3-5 years of practical experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in composites manufacturing.
- Practical experience with lean manufacturing and implementation with a proven ability to complete projects per timelines.
- Mechanical proficiency with bikes and/or bike industry experience preferred.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and/or participate on cross-functional teams to achieve established goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization.
- Highly motivated self-starter able to work with general instruction and limited supervision; flexible, open-minded and have a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and be an energy provider .
Physical Environment/Working Conditions
- Requires standing for long periods of time, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- Must be able to work in a loud environment.
- Must be able to lift tools and assemblies weighing up to 50 lbs.
- May be required to work extended hours.
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
What We'll Provide
ENVE offers an open, collaborative, high tech work environment with best-in-class benefits and perks, including medical/dental/vision, 401k with company match, life insurance, paid parental leave, professional development opportunities, discounts on ENVE and Amer Sports brand products, and a great vibe working in the cycling industry.
Amer Sports is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit aswocareers-wilson.icims.com.