The Composite Rim Layup Technician will layup composite rims using pre-preg fabric kits.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare parts and perform bonding and finishing of composite fabric
- Follow all written work instructions and procedures
- Fit components into product molds using hand tools and hard/soft bladders
- Assist in the layup of engineering prototypes
- Assist in performing rework as required
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Composites training required; Composites Technician certification preferred
- Basic math skills required, with ability to perform precise measurements and calculate areas
- Knowledgeable and skilled in the use of raw materials, production processes, quality control and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of composite parts and assemblies
- Ability to read and interpret a variety of routine engineering design drawings
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and experience in using a variety of hand tools
- Strong attention to detail and desire to create perfect products
Physical Environment/Working Conditions
- Requires standing for long periods of time, lifting, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- Must be able to work in a loud environment
- Must be able to lift tools, assemblies and materials weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Safety shoes or toe caps are required to be worn in this position
- May be required to work extended hours
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org