This position is essential in keeping the production line moving and ENVE customers happy. This role is responsible for the overall procurement and coordination of purchased materials and basic production scheduling. The Buyer/Production Scheduler will be a motivated, team driven individual with strong analytical and problem-solving skills who must be able to prioritize and make sound decisions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan and purchase raw and finished good material per demand requirements, including analyzing demand to understand fluctuations/trends/seasonality, managing inventory levels per goals and driving cost reduction efforts.
- Help resolve availability issues (material shortages), vendor non-conformances, quality issues, returns and invoice discrepancies by driving to root cause, implementing corrective actions, attending appropriate meetings supporting internal customers and management.
- Manage purchase order delivery dates per supplier commitments and change orders to align PO deliverables with new schedule requirements.
- Establish and maintain supplier relationships to manage consumable inventories.
- Utilize inventory management methods to maintain set stocking levels for inventoried supplies.
- Assist in setting up supplier agreements with critical suppliers to minimize supply chain disruption and contain cost.
- Help in setting up supplier metrics that support a supplier performance measurement system or report card.
- Support supply chain manager with the data to create periodic status reports.
- Produce daily/weekly/monthly production schedules.
- Other duties as assigned.
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with cross functional team on supplier quality issues.
- Cycle counting inventory at the direction of the Warehouse Manager.
- Requires 2+ years’ experience in procurement, preferably in the bike or outdoor industry.
- Desire 2+ years’ experience as a planner.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of MRP logic.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications – especially Excel.
- Experience with ERP Systems; SAP byDesign a plus.
- Highly motivated self-starter able to work with general instruction and limited supervision; flexible, open-minded and have a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and be an energy provider.
- Successful experience with multitasking, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization.
- APICS certification preferred.
Physical Environment/Working Conditions
- Requires sitting for long periods of time at a keyboard in an office environment but can also require standing, bending, grasping, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching to perform the functions of this position.
- Must be able to work in a loud environment.
- Must be able to understand the speech of another person as well as speak clearly so listeners can understand.
To apply for this job please visit aswocareers-wilson.icims.com.