Website Bicycle Collective
The mission of the Bicycle Collective is to promote cycling as a
Founded in 2002, Bicycle Collective is a 501c3 Utah-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote cycling as an effective and sustainable form of transportation and as a cornerstone of a cleaner, healthier, and safer society. Bicycle Collective provides refurbished bicycles and educational programs to the community, focusing on children and lower income households. We rely on a blended revenue model to execute on our mission that includes both earned revenue from our four statewide bicycle shops as well charitable donations from individuals and foundations. Thanks to our investment and commitment to developing our omnichannel platform, online sales have become a growing and stable part of our earned revenue, allowing us to have a greater impact in the communities we serve. The E-commerce Sales and Online Customer Service Associate position located in Salt Lake City will be an essential key player in our continued growth, especially as we relocate our operation into our New Hub, a state of the art community bike shop unlike anything else in North America.. The ideal candidate will be equally passionate about all aspects of bicycles as well as making a positive social impact in the communities that we serve.
● Excellent written communication skills. Strong copywriting skills are a must, both for humans and SEO.
● Consumer-facing Customer services experience a must.
● Ability to communicate and cultivate relationships with many types of people, both within and outside the organization.
● Skilled in conflict resolution, problem solving and strong decision-making skills.
● Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
● Self-motivated, with excellent attention to detail. Must be comfortable with ambiguity.
● Ability to manage daily, weekly, and monthly tasks Independently with minimal supervision and guidance.
● Proficient with current digital tools including Shopify, eBay, but willing to adapt to new tools as our platform evolves.
● Must have basic digital photography skills.
● Basic Computer proficiency (Word processing, spreadsheets, etc.)
● Basic Bicycle Mechanic skills and bike shipping experience
● Expert familiarity with a variety of bicycle components 1960s – Present
● Clear communication skills
● Kind, community oriented, bicycle lover
● Identify value and suitability of donated items such as used bicycles, parts, components, and accessories to be offered for resale via our omni-channel platform.
● List items on our online sales platforms
● Communicate with customers promptly and politely
● Pack and ship sold items including bicycles
● Work closely with the Location Director and Digital Strategist to meet monthly sales goals, and work towards long term organization digital strategy.
● Manage and organize online sales area
● Assist with other shop tasks as required
Location: Salt Lake City Bicycle Collective – 2312 S West Temple Salt Lake City, UT 84115 (moving to New Hub on 325 West 900 South in fall of 2023). This role is based in the shop with the ability to partially work from home depending on work flow.
Reports to: SLC Bicycle Collective Director and Bicycle Collective Digital Strategist Full or Part Time available: 20 – 40 hrs/wk.
This position can be flexible to accommodate school schedules, etc.
Full Time staff are eligible for health insurance benefits after 60 days.
Compensation: $18-25/hr DOE.
To apply: Submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject heading “E-commerce Sales and Online Customer Service Manager”.
The position is open until filled. The Bicycle Collective is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Women, people of color, and people belonging to other underrepresented groups in the bicycling industry are encouraged to apply
To apply for this job please visit cdn.shopify.com.