SALT LAKE CITY (April 20, 2021) — GREENbike, Salt Lake City’s nonprofit bike-share program, is now offering a discounted $1 annual pass (reduced from $75) to all essential workers in 2021. For its 2021 discount, the bike-share program has expanded the categories of workers eligible for the pass to include those who lost their job due to COVID-19.
Eligible workers include:
- Health care professionals.
- First responders and law enforcement officers.
- Faith leaders and workers, including an official, worker, or leader in a house of worship or other places of religious expression or fellowship.
- Employees of charitable and social services organizations.
- Grocery clerks and all grocery store employees.
- Restaurant employees and drivers offering take-out and delivery options.
- Bank employees.
- Gas station employees.
- All Utah residents unable to telework.
- Workers who lost their job as a result of COVID-19.
Eligible workers can go to greenbikeslc.org/join to purchase an annual pass and apply the promo code Essential2021 to get the discount. The promo code will be able to be used throughout 2021. An annual GREENbike membership includes unlimited 1-hour bike rides for 365 days following account activation.
“Essential workers, Healthcare Heroes, and so many others continue to need our collective community support,” said SelectHealth Community and Public Relations Manager Greg Reid. “Thanks to all the essential workers.”
In 2020, nearly 600 local essential workers signed up for an annual GREENbike pass using the code Essential2020, which discounted annual passes to $0.01.
“We want to continue to provide a discount for our essential workers, and folks hit the hardest by this pandemic,” said Ben Bolte, Founder and Executive Director at GREENbike. “While vaccination numbers are promising, we realize the economic impact of COVID-19 still burdens some of our neighbors. GREENbike will continue to be a reliable, healthy, and affordable transportation option for our community members during this uncertain time.”