Bike Utah, Utah's statewide non-profit bike advocacy organization, is searching for a new executive director. See below and attached for the job description.
Scott Lyttle, former executive director, stepped down to take a position with Tracy Aviary.
Executive Director, Job Description
Organization: Bike Utah
Bike Utah was founded in 2005. It is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization committed to building a more bike friendly Utah through Advocacy, Education and Increased Ridership.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will have strategic and operational responsibility for Bike Utah, along with expansion and execution of the mission. The ED will have knowledge of non-profit management, fundraising, operations, strategic planning as well as the state of biking in Utah.
Fundraising and Communications:
- Expand local revenue and fundraising activities to support operations budget
- Grow existing relationships and build new relationships to generate more funding for Bike Utah
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications, consistent messaging and branding.
Advocacy and Education:
- Assist in advancing Utah’s ranking in national Bicycle Friendly State rankings.
- Continue to develop and grow programs including but not limited to: Utah Bike
Summit, Road Respect and SafeCyclist programs
Leadership and Management:
- Actively engage board members, partnering organizations and funders to expand
the reach and capacity of Bike Utah
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors
Planning and New Business:
- Build partnerships in new markets, establishing relationships with funders,
political and community leaders
- Plan Bike Utah’s annual Summit each year
The ED will be thoroughly committed to Bike Utah’s mission. All candidates should have proven relationship management experience.
- Passionate about all types of cycling
- Bachelors degree preferred with 5 years of non-profit management experience and a track record of effective fundraising skill, strategic planning and grant writing.
- Excellence in organizational management, strategic planning and budget management
- Past success in working directly for a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing and new board member relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and a visionary with a proven history of achieving goals.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience (Range: $30,000 – $45,000 annually)
Interested candidates will need to send a short cover letter, resume and at least two references.
Please reply to Riley Cutler: [email protected]