On Sat, Oct. 1, Utah based PlanetGear.com will host young riders, ages 6 to 16, for a youth mountain biking event at Trailside Park in Park City. The ride is part of the nationwide celebration Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day, supported by the International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA).
More information is available here: http://www.imba.com/resources/kids/index.html
- Register in advance by emailing [email protected] for additional information, waivers, and volunteer opportunities
- Be sure to bring a bike, helmet, sunscreen, and proper riding attire
- Meeting place is Trailside Park Pavilion (5715 Trailside Dr. Park City, UT 84098)
- Start time is 10:00 am
- Parents are welcome to ride too
- Waiver form is required and can be filled out day of event
- Light refreshments served
Professional mountain bikers will be attending to teach bicycle safety at the start of the event.
IMBA's International Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day is in support of First Lady Michelle Obama's Let's Move initiative. IMBA has pledged to get 30,000 children participating in 300 cycling events on Oct. 1.