Complete 2014 Station Park Criterium Photo Gallery of All Racers, All Categories: http://www.gallery.cyclingutah.com/v/2014-Bike-Racing-Photos/Station+Park+Criterium+7-10-2014/
2015 Race Info and Registration: stationparkcrit.com
July 10, 2014 – Farmington, Utah – The Inaugural Station Park Criterium was held today on a flat, fast, turny 800 meter course through the Station Park Mall in Farmington. The race was held in the evening and featured A, B, and C categories, and a solid turnout of fans. The A’s rode through twilight.
In the A category, Cortlan Brown of the Astellas Pro Cycling Team took a pixel width win over Cameron Hoffman in the A flite. The A flite had a small field, with only 11 finishers. Despite this, the racing was fast and action packed. Intermountain Live-Well had a full squad including Alister Ratcliff, AJ Turner, Bryce Olsen, Ricky Bangerter, and Brendan Money. Mitchell Peterson of Canyon Bicycles several others rounded out the field.
The race broke up early on, leaving a group of 6 or so at the front.
“Cameron Hoffman, Mitchell Peterson, and I were able to hang through their (Intermountain Live Well) attacks and attack ourselves,” said Brown. This trio, along with Ratcliff and Olsen kept the pace high at the front. A number of attacks were launched out of the lead group, but none stuck. Olsen crashed, gapping Peterson, who after a valiant effort chased back on. The quartet lapped the rest of the field and kept on going. All four riders were there on the last lap.
“Cameron attacked on the last lap and I got on his wheel and it came down to a sprint. I barely got him – a drag race to the line,” said Brown. According to race timer Marek Shon, Brown won the race by 1/1000th of second, a pixel width. Brown’s bike throw at the end earned him the win.
In the B’s, Cameron Anderson of Cicada Racing earned the win by soloing the last few laps of a wind shortened B-flite. Matt Draper won the field sprint for second over Joergen Trepp of Salt Cycle-Intellitechs.
In the C’s, Elias Green took the win over Tyson Scott of Intermountain Live Well.
Station Park Criterium, Farmington, UT, July 10, 2014
A Flight-Men & Women (Pro 1,2,3)
1. Cortlan Brown, Astellas Pro Cycling 44:27:00
2. Cameron Hoffman, Team Endurance360 44:27:00
3. Alister Ratcliff, Livewell P/B bountiful Bicycle 44:29:00
4. Mitchell Peterson 44:29:00
5. Bryce Olsen, LiveWell P/B Bountiful Bicycle 44:29:00
6. A.J. Pedal-Turner, LiveWell p/b Bountiful Bike 44:29:00
7. Manny Cypers 44:29:00
8. Tom Millar, SaltCycle-INTELITECHS 44:29:00
9. Michael Ferrell 44:29:00
10. Ricky Bangerter, LiVe Well p/b Bountiful Bicycle 44:29:00
11. Brendan Money, LiVeWell p/b Bountiful Bike 44:29:00
B Flight-Men & Women (Cat 3/4)
1. Camerson Anderson 39:33:00
2. Matt Draper 39:48:00
3. Joergen Trepp, Saltcycle – Intelitechs 39:48:00
4. Liam O’Donnell 39:48:00
5. Trent Watkins, Cicada Racing Inc 39:49:00
6. Tyler Madsen 39:49:00
7. Grayson Minard 39:50:00
8. Norman Frye, Ski Utah/Plan 7 39:51:00
9. James Ji 39:51:00
10. Michael Raemisch, Bountiful Bicycle 39:52:00
11. Jeremy Ward 39:55:00
12. Jared Muir 39:58:00
13. Trevor Jackson 40:14:00
14. Plate # 130 40:30:00
C Flight-Men & Women (Cat 4/5)
1. Elias Green 29:03:00
2. Tyson Scott, LiVe Well p/b Bountiful Bicycle 29:04:00
3. Jake Carroll, Bountiful Bicycle p/b Mountain 29:04:00
4. Preston Edwards 29:05:00
5. Chad Lambert 29:05:00
6. Brant Beckstrand, ILW 29:07:00
7. Plate # 38 29:12:00
8. Tim Speicher 29:12:00
9. Plate # 2 29:18:00
10. Tom Vaughn 29:53:00
11. Margaret Douglass 31:03:00
12. Heather Sells, Harristone/Sun Valley Mortgage 31:03:00
13. Plate # 22 31:03:00
14. Zach Calton 31:04:00
Note: Check back for a complete photo gallery of all riders in all categories.