Driggs, ID (July 3, 2012) – Teton Valley Trails And Pathways (TVTAP) announces the 3rd Annual Wydaho Rendezvous Mountain Bike Festival. The event takes place July 27, 28 and 29th at multiple locations throughout the Teton Valley of Idaho and Grand Targhee Resort. Registration is filling up now at TetonBikeFest.org. All net proceeds benefit TVTAP, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
2012 New Event Additions:
- 1st Annual Targhee Super D Race: Starting at the top of Grand Targhee Resort spanning 12.5-miles (3.5-miles uphill) and descending 4700 total vertical feet
- Youth BMX Clinics at Victor Bike Park & Driggs Skate Park by 5050 BMX
- GIANT Trials Rider – Jeff Lenosky exhibition –http://www.pinkbike.com/video/49505/
- Freestyle Quarter Pipe BMX demos by 5050 BMX – http://tinyurl.com/5050BMX
- Bike Demos up at Targhee from Giant, Rocky Mountain, Breezer and more!
- Adult Clinics each day featuring a women’s only clinic by Ultra Endurance MTB Women’s Champion Amanda Carey – http://kenda.insightdesigns.com/?page_id=9
- Targhee Hill Climb Road Race on Saturday presented by Peaked Sports
- “Poker Rides” each evening visiting local businesses ending in a party with prizes and awards for “best hand” presented by Light & Motion Bike Lights
All this in addition to the main event of 16 group rides on hundreds of miles of unparalleled area single-track trails for all abilities. Bike demos from major brands, post-ride parties featuring music, beer, food and exhibitions will be hosted at local bike shops including Fitzgerald’s Bicycles in Victor, ID, Habitat & Peaked Sports in Driggs, ID and other venues throughout Teton Valley. Additionally, Targhee will donate $2 to TVTAP per lift ticket sold.
For only $35 adults (before June 27th) / $20 youth, ages 8-16, registrants of the Wydaho Festival gain entry to all events and get a sponsors “swag bag”. Register at TetonBikeFest.org and get more festival information or how to become a sponsor. Lodging options can be found at TetonValleyChamber.com and GrandTarghee.com
Title Partners – SRAM, Snake River Brewing, Grand Targhee Resort, Wells Fargo, Teton County Chamber of Commerce and VisitIdaho.org
Shop Partners – Fitzgerald’s Bicycles, Peaked Sports and Habitat
About the Teton Valley of Idaho ###
Teton Valley lies along the eastern border of Idaho snug against the 13,000′ peaks of the Teton Range. World-class recreation of all kinds surrounds the communities of Driggs, Victor and others sharing the Teton Mountain Range with the neighboring valley of Jackson Hole, WY.
Teton Valley Trails and Pathways (TVTAP) promotes a trails and pathways connected community. The organization brings together citizens, businesses, and local governments to expand the valley's opportunities for outdoor recreation and nature appreciation, while linking communities, providing access to National Forest trails and promoting healthy mountain lifestyles.