Website Society Cycles
Change your world. Change the world.
Do you know the difference between a cassette and a freewheel? Is sag something other than a way to wear pants? Can you use “compact” and “disc” in a sentence without referring to something that goes in a Walkman? Are your hands calibrated to 5NM?
If you answered yes to these questions (except the last one – real mechanics use torque wrenches) you may be a good fit for our team.
We are looking for a mechanic with experience to provide top notch service to our customers and their bikes. You’ll walk our customers through the bike check-in process, noting their concerns and communicating potential issues you find with their bikes. Communication and problem solving skills will complement your mechanical aptitude to help you succeed in this role.
Part and full time positions available.
- Diagnose and repair issues with customer and shop bikes
- Communicate with customers and other mechanics
- Write service tickets with appropriate estimates of time and cost
- Build Bikes of all types and levels
- Submit warranty claims
- Experience building and tuning a wide variety of bikes
- Familiarity with Shimano and Sram, mechanical and electronic, road and mountain components
To apply for this job email your details to CoryS@societycycles.com