The Customer Account Manager is someone who works hard, is passionate about riding, enjoys putting cycling gear to the test, is self-motivated, and driven to perfection. In brief, you will partake in industry leading, concierge level customer service by establishing long term customer relationships through consistent, authentic and personalized communication. You will be handling 100+ customer contacts per day; to discuss new orders, ensure proper delivery of shipments, and develop new/maintain existing customer relationships. Starting pay is $16 per hour with the opportunity for annual increases and a gear allowance.
To ensure our customers receive the highest level service, we hire the best and brightest people and expect them to work at a very focused and rapid pace. If you are someone who loves talking about the latest cycling brands with people who share your passion, now is the perfect time for a change. Imagine talking about your favorite subject while seated comfortably among a team of like-minded and passionate people – now think about the excellent benefits you will receive while getting the immediate and long-term job satisfaction you have always wanted. The opportunity is here, and the time is now – if you have a passion for the outdoors, we want to share that with our customers and amplify your personality throughout the shopping experience!
About the Job:
- Perform 100+ outbound contacts each day
- Build and manage your customer book of business to 3,000+ customers and ensure every customer is being handled with tremendous service and prompt follow-through
- Maintain authentic and genuine communication, leverage your personality to connect with customers in a meaningful way
- Assist the customers of other Gearheads who may be out of the office or assisting other customers
- Research to find ideal product for customers unique needs, explain to customers the concepts, benefits and specifications of the gear we sell
- Obtain Backcountry / Competitive Cyclist product certification within the first 30 days of joining the team, maintain that certification by attending training clinics, writing reviews and contributing content
- Participate in ongoing procedural and product training sessions to ensure your gear, sales and system knowledge is second to none
- Provide customer feedback to internal parties so Backcountry / Competitive Cyclist can continually improve the customer experience
- Champion Backcountry / Competitive Cyclist core values through your actions
- In depth knowledge of cycling product and a passion for riding
- Minimum 2 years of bike industry experience (required)
- Deep knowledge of component compatibility on both road and mountain bikes (required)
- Understanding of bike fit, bike builds, accessories, and soft goods (required)
- Sales or account management experience (preferred)
- High School diploma or GED required
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.