Website Athletic Republic
Sports Performance Training company with HQ in Park City
The Endurance Sports Trainer will be responsible for training athletes in the Athletic Republic – Park City, Utah training center. The full-time position draws on the trainer’s experience and knowledge of cycling, running, triathlon and endurance sports and an understanding of AR’s training programs to deliver an extraordinary training experience to every athlete they train. The position requires the utilization of excellent communication and coaching skills to develop and manage the relationships with AR athletes, the influencers in the endurance marketplace, and new athlete prospects.
1. Complete the Athletic Republic Level 1 and Level 2 certification courses within the first two months of employment.
2. Learn AR systems and be able to train athletes within each of the endurance sports and adult training programs:
› Speed, Strength & Stability (3S)
› Indoor Cycling – utilizing the Wahoo Kickr and PerfPro software
› Running mechanics screen and performance evaluation – utilizing Dartfish video capture software
› Interval Training / Treadmill Speed-Work
› Dry-Land training for swimmers
› Recovery, regeneration and mobility
› AR-FIT – a high intensity training program for the active adult
3. Be proficient in utilizing the Indoor Cycling system, including: system and bike set-up, explaining the work-out to each class of riders, system calibration, troubleshooting, program adaptation, delivering results to each rider after each class, being responsive to rider’s questions and needs.
4. Contribute to the centers’ business development efforts by retaining athletes, encouraging referrals and attracting new customers.
5. Contribute to the training center’s marketing efforts through the website’s blog, social media activities and supporting AR’s effort at local endurance events
6. Understand how best to utilize the training equipment, training protocols, training technology and athlete assessment resources and provide constructive coaching to the athletes while training.
7. Deliver quality customer service and support through every customer interaction.
8. Contribute to AR-HQ’s effort to develop, test and introduce new training programs, products and procedures within the Park City training center, prior to network release. Assist the other Park City trainers who will be delivering Endurance Sports Training programs.
Experience – Prior experience as an endurance athlete and/or coach and an appreciation / passion for sports performance training.
Dynamic Presence – Ideal candidates must be energetic, personable, highly motivated and comfortable working with and motivating athletes of all ages and abilities.
Communication Skills – Candidates must have excellent customer service and follow-up skills with strong attention to detail and a proven ability to function within a team structure.
Schedule – Candidates must be available to work morning shifts which will start on some days at 5:30 am.
Education – Preferably a college degree in the field of exercise science, sports physiology, physical education or business. Advance certifications with USA Triathlon, USA Swimming, USA Cycling and/or USA Track &Field encouraged.